Thursday, July 16, 2009

Writing, Rambling, and A Good Book.

It's raining outside. Not pouring just a light rain with thunder making the puppy growl, this is her first bit of rain :), and the cat run for cover, she's not a big fun of rain :(. But it's a good day. The sky is full of clouds and, even though it's still warm, it's almost perfect.

I read Scott Westerfeld's Uglies recently and although I liked it, I'm not really compelled to go out and find the next book in the series. It makes me a little sad, actually. The book was good, predictable, but good. I just didn't connect enough to the main character, Tally, to wonder what happened to her. Actually, I could probably figure it out for my self, which is probably why I don't really care if I ever read the rest of it. Sad. :(

I did, however, absolutely LOVE Graceling. It was fantastic and I really hope to see more of Katsa, Po, and Bitterblue. Kristin Cashore wrote a fantastic debut. I want to track her down and hug her. Or maybe I'll just go to her blog and tell her how AMAZING I think it was. *sigh* Really though, if you haven't read it yet you should. Go. Read it now. Hehe.

As for my own writing, I haven't touched the WiP in a few days. In fact I haven't written anything except for the random flash fiction in the middle of the night. I need to get back on it but I've had books to read :), and reading everyone else's blogs, and now trying to get ready for a weekend trip to see my grandpa and go dig for diamonds. I know, they're just excuses. Even now I could be writing or editing but I'm here writing a blog. So now that I've pointed that out, I guess I'll go be productive and actually do some writing.

What excuses do you have for not writing?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails