Tuesday, July 14, 2009

1 o'clock in the morning. Yay.

It's past my bed time. I crawled in bed tired and ready for sleep about an hour ago. It didn't stick. My bladder decided it needed a trip to the bathroom before I could even consider getting some rest, so I walked across the hall and when I got back to my room I realized I was wide awake. At 1:14 in the morning. Yay life.

I got my laptop out and checked facebook and twitter before stopping on here to see if anyone had published a new post. They had. And I read them. And I was still wide awake. *sigh*

I'd been thinking earlier about taking a small break form the WiP to try writing a short story (something I've never really been good at), and a scene had popped into my head while I'd been trying to get to sleep ( don't you just LOVE it when that happens?). So, I opened a new Word document and tried to call it back.

It flowed out fairly quickly and with only a few pauses to stop and think over a detail. And half an hour later I'm updating my facebook status because I've just written a 600-word short story and am still wide awake.

May post the short story on here tomorrow, er- later today and see what you all think about it considering that it will more than likely get little to no editing and was written in the wee hours of the morning.


P.S. - I never say "wee" but it felt so right I couldn't resist. It always bring an image of a woman standing over a baby going "Aww! Look at its wee little toesies! Oh you're so cute! Yes, you are!" Yea... I don't need sleep at all. I think I might go give that another try here in a minute.

Goodnight All!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails