Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blog Fest Mashup

There are a couple blog fests going around today that I wanted to get in on, so I think I'll participate in both. The first in Katrina Lantz's New Year's Revision Blog Party. Katrina had the idea for everyone to share their revision plans, since revision can be a bit of a drag sometimes. So for 2011, here's what I've got planned:

I want to have the 2nd draft of The Sandman's Apprentice finished before February. I'm already 20k into it and I'm hoping the final draft will be closer to 45k, which looks very doable.

I'll look back over draft two and fix all the things I know need to be fixed.

By the third week of February, I want to have my own revisions finished so I can send TSA off to others to read and crit. I really only have one or two people I can send it to, so I may be posting come February for CPs.

Hopefully, in March I can work on any- and everything I get feedback on and be completely finished before April.

So there you have it, that's my very loose schedule for revisions, and with any lucky I'll actually be finished a lot earlier than that. But I won't hold my breath. The story is the easiest thing for me to fix, so the technical aspects are what will be the most time consuming. Here's to a productive 2011!

What are your revision plans?

And now, for the other blog fest from Vicki Rocho: Eye Candy.

So, because I love each and everyone of you, I'm going to try to get some eye candy that everyone can appreciate.




 
For the guys, the always lovely Kate Beckinsale.













Ladies, I give you Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is finally getting the recognition he deserves. 














And now, some of the pictures that make me smile every time I look at them:

And a big thank you to Google for allowing me to find all the pictures I could ever want.

16 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I think you've covered everybody with you eye candy.
A very Happy New Year!

Amparo Ortiz said...

EXCELLENT eye candy!!! Been a fan of Levitt for years, and agree 100% he deserves everything great that happens to him.

Best of luck with your revisions!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes!!!!!!!! I didn't post a photo of Kate for the blogfest, so I'm thrilled that you did!

Magan said...

Well if you're looking for a
CP, I may possibly be interested. I have a few now, but I can always make room for my girlmance :) And I do like my sci-fi/fantasies.

Jemi Fraser said...

Nice variety of eye candy - I think we're all covered! :) Enjoy the new year!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Love the eye candy! Those book covers are some of my favorites, too! Seriously cannot WAIT for Across the Universe!

Good luck with your revisions! Thanks for joining the New Year's Revisions Blog Party. It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you.

And I LOVE your title. When you're ready for betas, shoot me an email.

Vicki Rocho said...

So nice of you to include something for the guys. I think (so far) you're the only one to include book covers. Coolio!

Happy New Year and thanks for joining the fun!

Unknown said...

Glad you're all enjoying the eye candy! :)

Alex, I was actually thinking of you when I chose Kate! Haha, thought you'd appreciate that.

Magan, Of course I'll keep you in mind, girlmance. :)

Katrina, I'm probably going to take you up on that when I'm finished. Thanks for the blog fest!

Vicki, it was fun. Thanks for starting it; I certainly enjoyed all the pretty pictures! And it was a nice chance to support some awesome books and artwork.

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Good, 'cause I am totally serious! Looking forward to the read!

Julie Musil said...

When I see Kate Beckinsale, I want to eat a Snickers bar.

Good luck with those revisions! I'm working through revisions right now too, so we're in the same boat.

Happy new year!

Danette said...

Good to see your eyecandy! It's fun to see everyone's indivuality expressed through their pictures. Happy New Year!

Michelle Gregory said...

ha. i immediately knew that *Alex* would be happy. nice pictures and nice to meet another fantasy author. we're a breed apart, i think.

Luna said...

I could look at book covers all day! Oh, yay, to Kate. Where's Alex? ;)

I thought that about Joseph,too, when I was watching 500 Days of Summer and Inception.

Happy New Year!!!

vic caswell said...

joseph gordon-levitt is a fine actor! i agree with you! finally he's getting some attention! :)
and I LOVE THE REPLACEMENT SO MUCH!!! i'll have to check out those other two! book covers are most definitely eyecandy!!! :)

Golden Eagle said...

Great eye candy here! :D

Web design company said...

What a beautiful blog and i am enjoying the eye candy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails