Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Yes, so, THANKS FOR THE AWARD! It's pretty, and I like it. Naturally, there are rules, and I'm supposed to open up to you and share my feelings and yada yada yada. No really. Seven things. Okay. Do I have seven things left to tell you guys? . . .
1. I am, like, 5'9". (Can you see why I want to meet Kiersten?) Also, I kind of hate being tall.
2. SCBWI is in about a week and a half. I'm going. To New York. Again. It will be amazing.
3. Sometimes, I put off my homework to read for Awesome Agent. But let's be honest; I put my homework off for other crap too, and I've been doing it a lot longer than I've been reading for AA.
4. I just got a crap ton of queries. Sorry, Physical Science . . .
5. I don't know how I'm going to make my move to NY work, but I'm determined to get up there before July.
6. I'm also scared shitless.
7. No matter how fast I read, my TBR pile just keeps getting bigger. And yet, I can't seem to think of that as a bad thing. : )
MOVING ON! (But thanks for the award, Brooke!!)
Beth Revis is having a fantastic contest that I've been putting off advertising for until I'd read the book which I couldn't do until I'd finished Incarceron. If you don't know what book I'm talking about, you might be living under a rock, because Beth is the brilliant mind behind the absolutely wonderful Across the Universe. (I totally just finished reading it, like, uh . . . *checks text messages* 32 minutes ago. Yea, it was that good. I had to text people. Review to come.
I digress. Beth is having a contest. A contest with pictures. A contest with multiple prize packs. A contest that I want to win, so that I may share it with you. No really. Kind of. I already have to copies of the book. Not gonna lie, if I get a signed one, I'm keeping it. BUT, then I'll have two copies to give away to you. And I don't have as big a following as Beth does...and, uh, that's my lame attempt at getting you to go and enter and put in my name as a referral, because I'll share.
I'll only keep some of it for myself.
But seriously. Go. Enter. You want this book, whether it's coming from me or the source. (I don't know why, but that sounded funny, like it should be capitalized. The Source. I'm easily distracted this evening.) Seriously though, it has a reversible jacket. So. Cool.
I am done rambling. To recap:
I won a cool award from an even cooler person. I am weird. You should all go try to win something in Beth's contest here.