Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Alright, it's Tuesday afternoon and I just got back from the dentist office and a root canal. I'm tired and scatter brained so I'm just gonna give you a few facts about today's snippet. Also, this is first draft work and isn't all that great, but it's still one of my favorite scenes. :) Hope you enjoy!

The Yanti are a race of aliens remarkably similar to humans.
Shiani is the girl Tom is in love with/Connected to.
Tom is the MC and though he was raised on Earth, is not human.


“So you take the Yanti to Earth, then what?” This was it; this was what was bothering her. I was leaving, and she wasn’t coming with me.

“You’re staying here.” My voice was breathy, a whisper. She inclined her head slightly.

“I’m home. I’ve been running for years, Tom. Take a heart from a body and it can only survive for so long. Planets, well, we live quite a bit longer than people, and so do their hearts. I won’t leave again. Every moment away was agony, as if each breath sent ice into my lungs and every second that I moved further away felt like being torn apart limb by limb. I’m not going anywhere. This is my home, this is where I belong.”

I didn’t know what to say. No thoughts came to mind, no witty remarks. But my heart hurt, it physically hurt, because I didn’t know what came next. I didn’t know what would happen after I left to get the Yanti. I didn’t know if they would want to go to Earth or if humans would even have them. I wasn’t sure of anything. At least I hadn’t been before I met her.“I’ll be back. I promise, I’ll come back. You’re my home now; I never really had a choice.” I touched her cheek and pulled her closer. “I’ve been yours since day one.” I whispered against her lips; I knew it was cheesy, but it was the truth.


3 comments:

Katie said...

Have you ever read THE HOST, by Stephenie Meyer? From your description, your WIP reminds me of that. (One of my fav books, btw, so that's a compliment. lol) I love a hardcore sci-fi romance. I mean, what's not to like, right?

Unknown said...

Actually, I haven't I was told not to until I was done with RotP because my friend said it sounded like it. Which is awesome because I've heard nothing but great things about The Host, so thanks!

I just hope mine's different enough- the romance isn't the main thing in mine, is it the biggest part in Meyer's? I'm seriously trying to restrain myself from reading that book, I REALLY want to!

batsick said...

Cool! If you like, please follow my blog at www.inkladendiary.blogspot.com! I'm a writer, so I am trying to get my voice heard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails