Saturday, August 8, 2009

TBR and a Link to a Kewl Contest

I stumbled upon author Rachel Vincent's blog the other day and she's having a contest in which you send her a picture of her book, My Soul to Take, in a bookstore near you and you get entered to wind a YA gift set. Now, the deadline has been extended to Monday night and the prize is a copy of each The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Awakening, Strange Angels, and Fragile Eternity. All of which sound totally awesome and are books I want to read.

Unfortunately, My Soul to Take isn't among the prizes, :( which makes me sad because I really want to read that book and have no money to buy it. I'd check it out from the library, but they didn't have it when I looked; they never have any of the books I want to read. Yay Arkansas.

Anyway, whether you enter the contest or not, you should check out her site. I know I can't wait to get my hands on her Shifters series either.

I don't get much time to read. I go to school in Russellville, AR and I try to stay away from the campus library, the people always bug me and the computers hate me, it's sad really. Of course, I don't get much reading time for me anyway, but still. So I've been trying to catch up this summer and boy am I feeling small.

So, I went to Hastings earlier today and was looking for Rachel Vincent's book (it wasn't at Target or Walmart) and found a handful of others I'd heard about and some that just sounded really interesting. I had my phone out taking a picture of My Soul to Take (how many times do you think I can cram that title into one post?) and decided to take pictures of all the other ones while I was at it, how else was I going to remember the titles later? :)

Needless to say I ended up with 21 new pictures on my phone (including the one for the contest). My TBR list is now about 70 books long, most of which are YA and fantasy, and I know that isn't all of them, but here's a sample (let me know if you've read any of them and what you thought!):

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Shifter*
Nekropolis
Evermore
Leviathan*
City of Ashes
Bones of Fearie
Skinned
Generation Dead
The Da Vinci Code
Hush, Hush*
Wings
Ink Exchange
Simple Wishes

*indicates books not yet released

So many books, so little time. *sigh*

How long is your TBR list/pile/stack? Do you have a particular genre you stick to? Is there a particular book you're waiting on to be released?

4 comments:

Karen from Mentor said...

Hey Amanda,
I read and liked the Da Vinci Code.
Good luck with your wip.
Karen :0)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Karen!

I'm sorry to say I've already seen the movie- I tend to watch them AFTER I've read the book but sometimes things happen. I'm looking forward to it.

XiXi said...

I loved the Time Traveler's Wife, and the Da Vinci Code is the kind of book you will have to read in one sitting because Dan Brown has the best sense of pacing ever.

Karen from Mentor said...

Hey Amanda,
Even though you've seen the movie the book won't disapoint. It's actually a lot better than the movie.
As most books are....

I see you've joined my minions.
Welcome aboard missy!
I'll try my best to keep you entertained.
Karen :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails