Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WiP Wednesday

It's a new month, and things are starting to simmer down at school. I'm figuring out when I have free time, and when I can actually write during that time. Reading is coming a little slower than I'd like, because I try to do it at work and everyone always waits until I pick up a book to come up to the circulation desk. Meh.

As for Rise of the Phoenix, revisions are coming along alright. I'm up to chapter 5, which brings me to a new total of 17,700-ish rewritten/revised words. My friend Kristin, who is absolutely amazing, got my first chapter back to me with notes (no she isn't a writer, but she reads A LOT), so chapter 1 is done. I think. It's pretty good right now, and it's going to stay how it is until the rest of draft 2 is complete.

The other idea I've been playing with is still toying with me. I haven't started actually writing it (ah the beauty of will power), but I have started writing about it. I'm trying to outline this one, flush out the major plot points and the details of the world and creatures, and it is SO much fun. I love it.

In other news, I submitted a short story (the only decent one I've ever written) to my school's literary journal, so we'll see how that goes.

How are things going for you? Making any progress or is life bogging you down?

5 comments:

KristinKaye said...

Wow. I feel special now.=). I feel famous. And liked. ha.

Katie said...

I just submitted a short story to my school's literary journal, too. Except...I don't think they liked it. lol That's cool, though, 'cause I like it. haha Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the submission! Hope that goes well for you.

My reading time has become a little cramped in the last year too. It *seems* like an unimportant task, so sometimes it's easy to justify shoving it to the back burner. But I really do believe that reading voraciously is vital to writing well. So I'm fighting hard to give myself as much reading time as possible.

Katie said...

Oh, and I just left you something on my blog! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the great progress with your WIP! I'm struggling with mine right now, but I feel sure a breakthrough is on the horizon (*crosses fingers*). I found your blog from KM's page. You have a wonderful space here! Congrats on your blog award :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails