Friday, October 14, 2011

Blargh. Edits. Blargh.

I have been in an editing frenzy for the past two days. I literally revised half of TSA (mind you that's only 20k words - it's a 40k MG after all), but STILL.

20,000 words. 2 days.

I look psychotic, I'm sure.

Also, the muscles in my legs are incredibly sore. Who knew barely moving for two days could hurt so much? Don't answer that.

So because I forgot to write today's review, you get to listen (watch? read?) me ramble on about TSA for a bit.

Draft 4 is virtually complete as of last night. It is 40,165 words and 25 chapters long. I always knew it would be 40k, as is evident in the query I wrote for it over a year ago when it was closer to 32k. This makes me happy.

I am going to tweak a few things I know I left out or messed up and remembered but didn't go back for while I was editing because they were very minor. I'm going to reread the whole thing and see if anything major sticks out. And then I am going to send it to someone who has never read it before so I can get some fresh perspective before handing it off to one (or both) of the only two fabulous people who have ever read it and critiqued it. Then, Universe willing, I will be completely finished.

I will finally be able to write the amazing agent who requested it a while back and see if she's still interested in seeing it, AND I can pass it on to another awesome agent who made me promise her I would send it to her when I was done. I don't know if either of them will want to see it or will like it if they do, but TSA will finally be out there, which makes me incredibly happy.

Also, did I mention the new book? Because it's different and I like it and I can't wait to start focusing on it.

Oh, what's that? You want to know what it's about? Well, that's kind of a secret. But I will tell you that it's a mystery with a ghost and twins and . . . NO. I've already said too much. *crazy eyes*

Okay, I should probably stop embarrassing myself. In my defense, I was an editing Hulk-ish fiend for two days who hardly got any sleep last night. I'm allowed to be a tad crazy, right? RIGHT?

It's Friday. You lovely people have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Writers are supposed to be a little crazy.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you feel that way too. :)

Jaimie Teekell said...

I totally know what that feels like. Been there. Nice work!

Jade said...

Woo! EDITING! YAY! Super FUN! I wish I was almost done with mine, but I'm pumped you're close to being done and I can't wait to read it again!

S.J.Kincaid said...

Woah, congratulations! My mind= blown.

Be careful about those long periods of sitting, though-- that's where blood clots come from.

Good luck with sending it along to an agent! You've got the rough work out of the way-- now (hopefully!) the fun begins! Er, or the nerve-wracking part... All depends on your perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails