Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New York, New York!

Today is my last day in Arkansas. Bright and early tomorrow morning my mom and I are getting up, hopping in the car, and driving to New York. We won't get there until Friday (we'll stop somewhere tomorrow night to sleep). And on July 1st, I will move into my new apartment.

I have job/internship prospects. I have some money. I have all of my unread books and my TV (but none of my DVDs--you can only fit so much in a tiny car). Life is good.

And soon, SOON, I will return, my friends. I will blog about bookish things and, HOPEFULLY, writing and revisions and editing type things. I will post reviews again. And believe me, I have plenty to review. We will have good times again, dearest readers. We will discuss books and articles about books (I'm looking at you WSJ) and what makes books good and how to do things well. I'm not sure if I'm being intentionally vague or not, but there will be THINGS, and you will like them.

In the mean time, the Oxford comma (aka the serial comma) is apparently no longer recognized as legit. I for one have no intentions of giving it up. So here's to the serial comma, may it never (or at least in my time) go out of style or fall out of use.

And for those of you who will be getting an early start on the weekend, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! Enjoy yourselves, and stay out of trouble. ;)

2 comments:

Connie Keller said...

I hope your drive goes well. It's supposed to be hot.

Three cheers for the Oxford comma. May it never die!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amy, travel safe, have a great Fourth, and we'll see you on the other side.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails